Last Revised on 22.12.2021
This Policy aims to provide you information on how the Company collects and stores your personal data through your use of our Website. Such data may include your name, email address, internet protocol (“IP”) address, the browser you are using in visiting our Website, language settings and the data you provide through our Website such as when you register an account on our Website, contact us by filling in the contact us form and purchase a product on our Website, etc. (“Personal Data”).
It is important you read this Policy along with any other policy we may provide on specific situations so you are aware of how and why we are using your Personal Data.
Validus International LLC is the controller of your Personal Data and is responsible for the same.
THE DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which are grouped as follows:
· Identity Data includes your name, user name, date of birth and gender.
· Contact Data includes your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
· Financial Data includes your bank account, payment card details and other account details.
· Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased on our Website.
· Technical Data includes your IP address, login details, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website.
· Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
· Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website and products.
· Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. However, such data are not considered Personal Data as they do not directly and indirectly reveal your identity. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
We do not collect Special Categories of Personal Data (e.g. race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, health, genetic and biometric data) and any information concerning criminal convictions and offences.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
If you fail to provide us with the required Personal Data, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (e.g. provision of products or registration to our Website). In such a case, we may have to cancel the transaction or registration but we shall notify you at the time.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The different methods we use to collect your Personal Data include:
· Direct interactions. We may collect your Personal Data by having you fill in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This also includes the Personal Data you provide when you create an account on our Website, purchase our products, give us feedback or contact us.
· Automated interactions. We automatically collect Technical Data such as those listed above as soon as you interact with our Website.
· Third parties or through public sources. We receive Personal Data about you from various third parties as set out below:
o Technical data: from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers
o Contact, Financial and Transaction data: from third-party service providers such as technical and payment services
o Identity and Contact data: from data brokers or aggregators and from publicly available sources.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We shall only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to, such as in the following circumstances:
· if we need to perform or enter into a contract with you;
· if necessary for our Company’s legitimate interests and those of a third party’s provided they do not override your rights and interest; and
· where we are required to as per a legal obligation.
We may, prior to processing your Personal Data, we shall get your consent first. The same shall apply concerning sending third-party direct marketing communications to you through email or text. Please note that you shall have the right to withdraw such consent any time by contacting us.
WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
· Customer service: Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us.
· Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to answer a short questionnaire. The survey results will be used to help us better understand and improve our Website and products.
· Marketing activities: We also use your Personal Data for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
· Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, depending on the contact information you share with us. We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
· Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional Personal Data that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
· Fraud detection and prevention: We may use your Personal Data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
· We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including:
o Diagnosing website or technology problems.
o Assessing and maintaining system security.
o Displaying the most appropriate content.
o Studying how people use our Website and how we can improve it.
o Reporting to partners about aggregate, but not individual, information derived from IP addresses.
· Improving our services: Finally, we may use your Personal Data for analytical purposes, to improve our Website and products, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online services.
Please contact us if you require details about the specific purpose for which we are using your Personal Data.
MARKETING AND OPTING OUT
Our Company may send you information about our products and offers that you might be interested in. Kindly note that you are entitled to ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time.
Please note that opting out of marketing messages does not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of you registering an account on our Website, purchasing our products or contacting us.
The Company ensures that we shall get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any third-party for marketing purposes.
Your Personal Data may be transferred internationally to, for example, some of our external third parties. Whenever we transfer your Personal Data internationally, we shall ensure that a similar degree of protection is provided to your Personal Data.
The Company stores the Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations of the jurisdiction of the data subject. We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of Personal Data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the Personal Data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the Personal Data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access Personal Data in the course of their work.
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the Personal Data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We have set out procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and shall notify you and any regulator of any breach if legally required to do so
We shall retain your Personal Data for only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect them for, including for satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. In the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you, we may retain your Personal Data for a longer period.
To determine the appropriate retention period, the Company considers the amount, nature and sensitivity of your Personal Data. We also consider the potential risk or harm that may result from its unauthorised use or disclosure, the purpose for which we process your Personal Data and applicable laws, regulations and requirements.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws concerning your Personal Data. The following rights include:
· The right to request access to your Personal Data.
· The right to request correction of your Personal Data.
· The right to request erasure of your Personal Data.
· The right to object to the (future) processing of your Personal Data or to limit it provided there are no legal bases that prevents so.
· The right to request the transfer of your Personal Data.
· The right to withdraw consent (e.g. withdrawing from our newsletter).
If you want to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us. Kindly note that we may request specific information from you to help us in confirming your identity and your right to access your Personal Data.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests as promptly as possible. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is complex or if you have a number of requests. In this case, we reassure you that we will attend to your request as soon as reasonably possible and will notify you and keep you updated.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
· keeping you signed in;
· understanding your use of our Website; and
· other reasonable uses.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Our Website uses different types of cookies, for example:
· Functionality: in order to recognize you on our Website and remember your preferences, we use Functionality cookies, which may include your language preferences or your location. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies may be used.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
You may set your browser to not accept cookies from our Website by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, kindly note that disabling cookies may lead you to losing access to certain sections or features of our Website.